Avoca Beach Public School places a high value on Technology and is proud to offer a range of programs to motivate and engage students in the area of ICT. Our school is well resourced to support the integration of ICT across the curriculum as a general capability, as well as the digital technologies curriculum and STEM.
Resources to support student acquisition of ICT and digital technologies skills include:
- Two computer labs for class use
- Interactive Smartboards in every classroom
- Mobile notebook devices and iPads for every classroom
- OSMO classroom kits for K-2
- A range of robotics for use in class programs including Blue Bots, Dash n Dot, Lego WeDo and EV3, Spheros
- VR kits
- 3D printer and supporting technology
- Green screen and supporting technology for movie making
Students from Kindi to Stage 3 have fun learning to code using a range of platforms including Scratch. These projects were completed during library inquiry STEM units. Students wrote and debugged their programs and shared them in class studios. ABPS SCRATCH Showcase Studio.
Student safety whilst online is paramount to Avoca Beach Public School. The DoE network access has grade levelled firewalls and each students use of the internet is closely monitored by all teachers. Cybersafety is taught during technology and PDHPE lessons.
For parents of pre-teens and young teens (10 to 14 years). iParent has plenty of tips and practical steps along the way so you can help your child explore safely and manage online issues should they arise. This is especially important at this age as they strive for independence and peer acceptance